Physical preparation is an essential component of sports performance at every level. To assist players to achieve their optimal performances coaches should have a basic understanding of how the body functions in terms of physical exercise and the physical requirements of their particular sport.
An effective fitness training programme should develop the energy systems appropriate for rugby. Warming up, cooling down and flexibility are also important components of the player's physical preparation. Coaches should have basic knowledge on nutrition to advise their players and further enhance their sports performance.
- link The Skeletal System
- link The Muscular System
- link The Cardiorespiratory System
- link The Components of Physical Fitness
- link The Energy Systems
- link The Role of Warm Up, Cool Down & Stretching
- link Nutrition & Enhancing Sports Performance
- link Training Diet
- link Competition & Travel
- link Fluid & Recovery