Four balls are placed on the ground in the middle of the grid.
The first four players run out, pick up their ball and pass it to the player diagonally opposite them.
The next four players run out and replace the balls and continue across the grid.
The next four pick up and pass and so on.
• Stay low on their approach to the ball and bend at their knees.
• Stay close to the ball.
• Call “my place” and “my pickup”.
• Not let the ball drop or bounce.
• Scoop up the ball without stopping.
• Not stand up after pickup.
• Stay low and drive away after pickup.
• When picking up the ball players should place their back foot slightly behind the ball, scooping through with the backhand and pushing the ball into the other hand in front of the ball.